We hold regular services every week, and on some feast days.
- View our Google calendar for feast days and fasting cycles (according to the Old Calendar).
- All services are held at Saint Mary's Romanian Orthodox Church at 2902 Evans Street, Fort Wayne, IN.
Below is a short list of the services that we typically hold in our parish.
The Divine Liturgy
what it is
This is the most commonly celebrated and recognized service of the Church, culminating in the distribution of the Holy Gifts (the Eucharist) to faithful Orthodox Christians. There are several formats in which this service might appear, depending on the feast day or time of the calendar and the location or jurisdiction of the celebrating parish:
- The Divine Liturgy of Saint James (the brother of the Lord), bishop of Jerusalem (1st century)
- The Divine Liturgy of Saint Basil the Great, bishop of Caesarea (4th century)
- The Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom, bishop of Constantinople (5th century)
- The Liturgy of the Pre-Sanctified Gifts, commonly attributed to Saint Gregory the Dialogist, bishop of Rome well before the Roman Schism (6th century)
The most widely celebrated Liturgy is that of St John Chrysostom.
Typica (Reader's Service)
What it is
A worship service conducted without a priest or in some other situation as needed. This is a shortened rough outline of the Divine Liturgy of St John Chrysostom.